Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Account Sales Manager
DIRECT REPORTS INCLUDE: None
STATUS: Full-time. Hourly. Non-Exempt. Full Benefits.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We entertain. We create. We engage. We inspire. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, Center Theatre Group provides the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
The 180+ full- and part-time staff members who make all this possible are passionate about this place and their work. Whether it’s pre-show gatherings and Staff Nights at our theatres, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, or our annual holiday party, our staff is engaged with the art and one another. Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
The Coordinator works with the Account Sales Manager to grow the group and corporate client base for Center Theatre Group. This is accomplished through outbound sales calls, in-person meetings/presentations, and community networking. The Coordinator is also responsible for tracking sales activity using our ticketing system, Tessitura, as well as Microsoft Excel. Additionally, the position will assist in creating marketing materials for the department, both printed and online, as well as coordinate special events for our top clients.
Work with the Account Sales Manager and Marketing Department to identify, prioritize and target appropriate corporate/group sales leads from CTG’s database of 300,000 customers as well as outside leads.
Monitor customer sales activity using CTG’s Tessitura system and relationship progress in Microsoft Excel in order to cultivate further opportunities for optimal performance and growth.
Engage in out-of-office sales activity designed to establish and maximize relationships with key targets as well as promote the department’s offerings in the community.
Manage creation, within our project management system, of marketing materials such as eBlasts and flyers to promote department offerings.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as directed.
- Facilitate creation of promo codes and other unique ticketing mechanisms in partnership with the ticket operations team.
- Work closely with the Webmaster to maintain corporate webpages for the department’s clients.
- Collaborate with all sales departments to ensure proper distribution of tickets/information to clients and training regarding all related Account Sales information.
- Assist occasionally in executing department events for top clients, sometimes on evenings and weekends.
- Participate in all necessary meetings as assigned.
Knowledge and essential skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Possess practical knowledge of sales & marketing techniques and implementation.
- Carry a strong knowledge of the Los Angeles market as far as top business categories as well as geographically.
- Have a basic understanding of event ticketing.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and decision-making skills when working with staff & clients.
- Be adept at learning new computer systems quickly in order to manage projects and ticketing mechanisms.
Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
- Must be comfortable generating a high volume of at least 50 potential client calls per week as well as growing existing relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- An extensive knowledge of the complete suite of Microsoft Office applications as well as Outlook.
- Familiarity with internet research in order to develop new leads and cultivate new categories of clients.
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, outgoing, personable, enthusiastic and able to generate bottom-line results.
- All candidates must have a professional, polished, positive demeanor on the phone and in-person and must possess a strong desire to succeed.
- A strong passion for live theatre.
- Availability to work occasional overtime, evenings and weekends as needed.
Education, Experience and Licensing
- Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred.
- 1-2 years sales experience, live entertainment background helpful.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- Center Theatre Group is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs and impact of the organization.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Center Theatre Group also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and life and long-term disability insurance.
Introduce yourself by telling us your story and why you are the ideal person for this position. Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements as PDF documents to: CTGjobs@ctgla.org. Please do not send links to online materials or materials in formats other than PDFs.
Please submit a cover letter that addresses your interest in the specific job requirements. Form letters or resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We’re looking for someone who uses their application materials to tell us why s/he would be a good fit for this specific position. In your cover letter, please also indicate how you became aware of this job opportunity, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified candidates to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.