George Stern Fine Arts
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Administrator/Registrar
Level: Part-Time with possibility of going to full-time.
Salary: Commensurate upon experience.
Gallery Open Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 10a-6p, Saturday, 11a-6p. We can work with you on days/time
Company Description: Art gallery specializing in important Early California Impressionism, Early Modernism, and American Scene Painting.
Assist current Administrator/Registrar with following duties:
- Arranging shipping of artworks, track pieces for clients and gallery
- Precision documentation on all incoming and outgoing acquisitions: including photographing inventory, sales, and consignments for database
- Gallery advertising including in-house designing of brochures and ads
- Maintain various gallery websites on a regular basis
- Assist the Director and Owner
- Generate invoicing, update payments, manage some gallery/office bills
- Maintain client/artwork database, book inventory
- Art Historical research
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner
- Provide general administrative duties: phones, filing, and correspondence
- Refill office supplies when needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Art, Art History, or Business with a minor in Art/Art History or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of basic html
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to exercise tact, and deal with confidential matters
HOW To Apply
Please e-mail PDF of resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject line: Part-time Registrar
Attn: Irene Stern
Please no phone calls