The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
The Colburn School is a world-class performing arts school where a renowned faculty provides instruction in music, dance and drama to dedicated students of all ages.
Since 1950, the school has equipped students with the skills, support and opportunity needed to achieve their highest artistic goals. The school's state-of-the-art campus is located in the “heart-of-art” of downtown Los Angeles, neighboring Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Music Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad Museum.
The Advancement Associate – Donor Relations supports a wide spectrum of Advancement Department activities and provides essential support for Annual Fund and Colburn Society, donor database management, gift processing, donor acknowledgments, general donor relations, prospect research, and donor events, including annual gala and Taste of Colburn. Reporting to the Operations Manager, he/she works in conjunction with the Advancement staff to help ensure smooth business operations for various fundraising programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Raiser’s Edge and Gift Processing
- Reviews gift data entry for accuracy and consistency.
- Manages and reviews receipt letters generated by the Gifts Processor for accuracy.
- Confirms recording by Gifts Processor of electronic and hard-copy files of gifts, acknowledgments and other correspondence with donors.
- Generates routine donor and financial reports, and queries and exports for annual fund mailing data.
- Establishes and maintains consistent standards for electronic and paper files for donors.
- Provides active participation in portfolio management by providing prospect identification and research, input on strategy development and stewardship.
- Generates custom second-touch letters to donors and drives timely completion of all letters by other Advancement staff.
- Provides support to the Colburn Society donor group, including donor and prospect rosters, donor renewal information, etc..
- Provides support for annual fundraising programs, including Celebrate Colburn Gala, Taste of Colburn and other special fundraising concerts. Provides staff support to track donations, ticket and table buyers, and correspondence with table buyers (e.g. table guests) for all special events.
- Writes and produces solicitation letters as assigned, tracks personal notes from solicitors.
General Advancement Support
- Attends and provides staffing support, as directed, for concerts and donor cultivation events.
- Monitors all mailings for timely completion.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- Three to five years of direct experience in fundraising or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High level of experience and proficiency in Blackbaud database systems (Raisers Edge, Financial Edge, etc.) with a special emphasis on Raisers Edge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- PC proficiency, demonstrated experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Excellent salary and benefits.
Apply at: https://colburn.simplehire.com