Established Venice, CA gallery specializing in contemporary art seeks a part-time archive intern for its active library and archive.
Candidate will assist with processing portions of an extensive historical collection, utilizing meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and excellent judgment.
Tasks may include:
- Processing documents for integration into established archive collections
- Performing basic preservation measures, including photography and material rehousing
- Preparing finding aids, indexes, box and/or folder lists
Demonstrated experience in an archive or library environment, as well as an interest in contemporary art, would be a plus. Ideal candidate is an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a degree program for Art History or Library and Information Science.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; excellent research skills
- Proficient in FileMaker Pro and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to complete basic book shelving and lifting, up to 25 pounds
This is a 12-week, part-time position of 10-24 hours/week, schedule to be determined. Pay is set at $10/hr.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
No calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.