Santa Monica, CA
Lois Lambert Gallery
This internship would provide the qualified applicant with a well-rounded experience of working in a fine art gallery and gallery store.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- database maintenance
- general administrative tasks
- retail assistance
- art market research
- photography and graphic design
- light art handling and installation, packing and unpacking artworks
- gallery store orders
- participating with opening receptions/special events
- must be proactive, organized and amicable
- experience using a digital camera and knowledge of Photoshop a must
- up to date knowledge of social media platforms
- understanding and interest in modern and contemporary art
- experience with graphic design preferred
- good writing skills is a plus
Commitment: 1-2 days a week, 10am-6pm on Wednesday and/or 11am-6pm Thursday for a period of 4-6 months.
Compensation: school credit and paid lunch
*Opportunity to focus the internship on a particular element of the gallery is available.*
Please email your resume (in PDF or .doc format) with "INTERN" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
If "INTERN" is not the subject line, then the email will be disregarded. Please include in the body of the email which days you are available to work.