California African American Museum (CAAM)
Los Angeles, CA
For immediate hire.
The Art handler/ prep will assist with museum-quality art handling related to installation and de-installation including: handling, displaying fine art objects, painting, fabricating exhibition components and implementing display designs. The art handler / prep candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented, team players with prior experience at a museum, gallery, or other art handling company.
Skills are to include, but not be limited to:
- Knowledge of best practices for wrapping and packing 2-D and 3-D objects.
- Ability to select proper archival and other packing materials depending upon the medium, surfaces, condition, and fragility of a particular work.
- Know how to pack a slat crate, travel frame, shadow box, slipcase, cavity pack, and standard crating techniques.
- Know how to properly wrap, load, and strap artworks within a truck to keep them safe in transit.
- Install artwork using various hardware and in changing settings.
• Have a valid driver's license.
• Have professional appearance and demeanor.
• Provide your own basic tool kit.
• Be able to lift 50lbs.
600 State Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90037
Deadline: September 23, 2016