Los Angeles, CA
The City of Los Angeles' Department of Cultural Affairs
The Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) is seeking a part-time Arts Associate to assist DCA in seeking grant funding and managing grant-funded arts and cultural programs. This position will assist the Incoming Grants Manager in DCA’s Marketing and Development Division, and work with City Council Offices, artists, arts organizations, and community groups to provide support for a variety of grant-funded arts and cultural programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grants Development Arts Associate will:
- Research government and foundation grant opportunities
- Write and edit grant proposals
- Create presentations
- Coordinate with DCA staff to collect information for grant proposals from the Community Arts, Public Art, and Administrative Divisions
- Prepare subgrantee contracts and process invoice payments
- Prepare reports to funders
- Maintain database and manage status of grant-funded projects
- Work with nonprofit arts organizations to implement grant-funded programs
- Help manage and facilitate program activities
- Assist in creating grant-related social media content.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or higher level degree in any field within the arts or humanities. The position requires strong writing, editing, design, and organizational skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required as well as design skills using software products like Adobe Suite and PowerPoint. Must be reliable, punctual, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and follow City procedures. Strong communication skills and the ability to work within diverse communities are expected. A minimum of one or more years of experience in grant development or in any type of arts and cultural programming is preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time exempt position of approximately 20 to 30 hours per week. The hourly rate will range from $18 to $25 per hour, commensurate with experience. Ability to work five days per week and occasional evenings is required. This position does not include health benefits, vacation, or sick time. Part-time positions accrue compensated time-off after six months in the position. Must have valid California driver’s license and the ability to lift 20 to 25 pounds. The job is located at DCA’s headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A one-page cover letter explaining the applicant’s qualifications, skills, and specific interests in this position
- A professional resume
- A writing sample (academic paper, essay, grant, or other sample - maximum 3 pages).
Please email documents to email@example.com. Deadline to submit materials is Tuesday, February 19, 2016, or until sufficient applications have been received. No phone calls please.