WELCOME 2017 ARTS DELEGATES!
Thank you for agreeing to join us as an Arts Delegate for ArtsDay 2017!
We are excited to have such a powerful group of advocates meet with our LA City Councilmembers and Council Office staff to discuss arts and cultural topics affecting our communities.
This webpage contains exclusive information to help you prepare for your delegation visits with your City Council District Office on ArtsDay (April 19, 2017).
ARTS DELEGATE GUIDE
The ARTS DELEGATE GUIDE includes the full timeline for ArtsDay, directions to City Hall (including METRO and parking information), instructions for entering City Hall and getting through the security checkpoint, and further information about the ArtsDay Proclamation and Presentation during the City Council Meeting as well as where Arts Delegates will convene before and after your meeting with your Councilmember and staff.
ARTS DELEGATE ARTSDAY SCHEDULE
Optional ArtsDay Activities:
8:30am - 9:45am - Coffee & Networking: Edward R. Roybal BPW Session Room, 3rd Floor, Room 350
- 9:45am - Line up to enter the John Ferraro City Council Chambers: 3rd floor, Room 340
- 10:00am - Enter the City Council Chambers
- 10:15am - ArtsDay 2017 Proclamation & Presentation, John Ferraro City Council Chambers, 3rd Floor
- 11:00am - Group Photo, Spring Street Steps of LA City Hall
- 8:30am - 9:45am - Coffee & Networking: Edward R. Roybal BPW Session Room, 3rd Floor, Room 350
Arts Delegate Activities:
- 11:45am - 12:00pm - Arts Delegate Check-in: 10th Floor, Room 1040
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm - Arts Delegate Lunch & Final Delegation Preparation: 10th Floor, Room 1040
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm - Delegation Meetings with Councilmembers and staff: Council District Offices
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm - Arts Delegate Report Back: 10th Floor, Room 1040
ARTS DELEGATE TRAINING MATERIALS
These materials were reviewed in the Arts Delegate Training Session on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at Self-Help Graphics & Art.
- Arts Delegate Training Session 2017 (presentation slides)
- ArtsDay 2017 Legislative Agenda [DRAFT - NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION]
- ArtsDay 2017 Schedule of Events UPDATED
- History of ArtsDay
LA CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT INFORMATION
- LA City Map of Council District Boundaries
- Individual LA City Council District Maps & Neighborhoods
- List of LA City Committees
- LA City Council Directory
- Individual LA City Council District Maps (downloadable PDFs)
- Department of Cultural Affairs: LA City Council District Profiles
- City of Los Angeles Neighborhood Info (Council District look-up and other information)
The 2017 Arts Delegate Roster can be viewed HERE. Please note that some delegations are still in flux due to cancellations from those who are unable to participate in Arts Delegate activities on the new date (April 19).
If you are unable to participate as an Arts Delegate on Wednesday, April 19, 2017, please notify Abril Iñiguez-Rivas at email@example.com or by phone at (213)225-7522 as soon as possible.