Arts for LA
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 per week / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Arts for LA Executive Director
Arts for LA is a voice for the arts in Greater Los Angeles that informs, engages, and mobilizes individuals and organizations to advocate for access to the arts across all communities; arts education for every student; robust investment in the arts; and inclusion of diverse and underrepresented voices. Arts for LA invests in leadership development, growing networks of civically engaged advocates; building deep relationships with elected officials; and working in partnership across sectors to make LA a vibrant, prosperous, creative, and healthy society.
MISSION: Arts for LA activates artists and organizations, and leads communities to advocate for an equitable, healthy, and creative Los Angeles region.
The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with the staff of Arts for LA to support our mission and conduct daily administration functions. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, responding to basic email inquiries, notetaking, word processing, creating spreadsheets and reports, filing, updating website text and database, and supporting the Executive Director with scheduling and travel.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary contact for phone and email inquiries
- Coordinate mailings, correspondence, and e-blasts
- Coordinate logistics for all meetings and events
- Coordinate and file business records and contracts
- Take notes at meetings, generate summary reports as needed
- Update website and social media
- Oversee staff and organizational calendars
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
- Experience in nonprofit and/or arts administration
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Interest in arts advocacy a plus
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.