UCLA Department of Art
Los Angeles, CA
Assistant/Associate Professor of Art - New Genres
Start date: July 1, 2018
The School of the Arts & Architecture's Department of Art invites applications for a tenure-track (assistant or associate) position in New Genres with an emphasis on Video and Moving Image work. We are seeking candidates to teach a variety of courses in New Genres which may include beginning and advanced undergraduate studio courses and graduate level studio, critique and seminar courses.
* BA or BFA Required.
* Distinction as an artist working primarily in the medium of Video and Moving Image.
* Proven exhibition record or a demonstrated history showing great potential for active exhibition.
* Expertise in the discourses of contemporary art, knowledge of contemporary moving image production and exhibition techniques and processes, familiarity with the histories and
current practices of Video and Moving image work as well as of the broader field of New Genres art.
* Ability to teach both studio and seminar courses.
* Demonstrated teaching skills.
* MFA preferred.
Applications must include the following:
* Curriculum vitae.
* Statement of Teaching.
* Diversity Statement.
* Portfolio containing up to 20 images and/or Vimeo links.
* Names and contact information (mailing address, email address and phone number) of three professional references. (Letters of recommendation are not requested at this time).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will only be accepted online: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03129
Deadline to Apply: October 15, 2017
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and
affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct