Job Title: Assistant Manager of Patron Services (Full Time, Hourly)
Organization: The Pasadena Playhouse
Department: Patron Services
Reports to: Associate Director of Patron Services
Direct Reports: None
About The Playhouse
Celebrating its Centennial Season, The Pasadena Playhouse is one of the top regional theaters in the country and the State Theater of California. Under the new leadership of Producing Artistic Director Danny Feldman, it presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to nearly 150,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 647-seat main stage theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By focusing on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, the development of new plays, and the creation of innovative programs to build community, The Playhouse will boldly lead the field into the next 100 years of great theater.
About The Position
As the frontline of our organization this position assists with day-today patron services activities including processing ticket requests, increasing loyalty through sales efforts, assisting patrons with their needs, maintaining data accuracy, assisting with database maintenance, and ensuring the highest quality of customer service. Crossover to front of house operations (opening the theatre, managing ushers and ticket takers, etc.) will be required. Hours may vary depending upon the show schedule, rentals, and box office needs. Evenings and weekends required.
The Playhouse is seeking someone who is highly motivated, process oriented, and has a passion for customer service. The ideal candidate must have strong initiative, great problem-solving capability, excellent communication skills, and a can-do attitude. The company is growing and changing, so flexibility in job duties, description and expectations is a must!
• Ensuring the highest level of customer service.
• Running reports, pulling lists and executing data maintenance using Tessitura ticketing software.
• Managing incoming orders and exchanges via telephone and in person.
• Managing inventory with third party retailors such as Goldstar, TodayTix and Ovation Awards.
• Troubleshooting patron concerns, questions and problems.
• Assist the Associate Director of Patron Services in training and overseeing Patron Services Associates and front of house team.
• Cross selling and upselling additional performances and packages.
• Managing front of house operations for performances as needed.
• Answer, screen and direct calls on a multi-line phone system.
• General clerical duties as required.
• Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the department and the organization.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
Education/Experience: Previous experience in customer service required. Previous management experience preferred. Strong ability to multi-task. Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software preferred.
Perform other duties as assigned. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
No major sources of discomfort, standard office environment; regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefit package include medical, dental, life insurance coverage and PTO.
HOW To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.