Los Angeles, CA
MOCA is hiring for an Associate Registrar. If you think your qualifications and experience meet our requirements, please email your resume to email@example.com. Below is the job description for the position.
Working under the Head Registrar, the Associate Registrar performs registrarial functions for traveling exhibitions, loan exhibitions, and management and care of the Permanent Collection.
Five years of museum registrarial experience preferred with knowledge of art handling and packing. Detail-minded individual with excellent organizational and communication skills. Computer experience with Windows Office applications required, knowledge of The Museum System (TMS) preferred. B.A. degree, preferably in Art History or related field.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the Permanent Collection.
- Supervise photography and database distribution on the Permanent Collection.
- Manage the museum’s collection storage, both on and off-site.
- Supervise outgoing loans from the Permanent Collection, with completion of loan agreements, including conservation, insurance, crating, and courier requirements.
- Arrange courier travel schedules, per diem and accommodations and/or act as courier
- Arrange for incoming and outgoing transport of artwork, prepare condition reports and receipts for each object incoming and outgoing, supervise all handling of objects by Exhibitions Technicians.
- Schedule and budget for upcoming exhibitions. Monitor permanent collection budgets on Tortoise quarterly.