The Broad Stage
Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Concessions Manager
Position Type: Part-time, Non Exempt
The Concessions Department at The Broad Stage is dedicated to providing all patrons that attend a performance with an exceptional experience throughout their visit by offering phenomenal customer service and high quality food and beverage options. We stand with the Front of House and Patron Services departments as the face of the Broad Stage and we act as part of the primary contact point for patrons and guests. The Concessions Associate assists with the set up and breakdown of bars and concessions areas, serving our patrons food and beverages, using a POS terminal to ring up transactions when concessions are sold, and assisting with lobby receptions, donor parties, and other special events.
- Set up and cleanup of all concession equipment and work areas
- Use of POS for all food and beverage purchases
- Drink and food service, and occasional dish washing
- Compliance with all California laws regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages
- Assist with Patron Services and Front of House duties as needed
- Compliance with all Broad Stage policies and procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A knowledge of and experience with customer service and the ability to respectfully engage with patrons of all ages
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with Food Service (preferred)
- General knowledge of theaters and the performing arts (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be over 21 years of age
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to be on ones feet for several hours including walking, standing, bending, lifting, and carrying
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs
HOW TO APPLY
This is a part-time position with flexible hours that regularly include nights and weekends.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Employment@TheBroadStage.org.
Please Include “Audience Services, Concessions” in the subject line.