East West Players
Los Angeles, CA
Program/Department: Front of House
Direct Report: Audience Services Manager
Hours: 15 hours/week, Wednesdays - Sundays
East West Players (EWP) is a non-profit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
EWP seeks a Box Office Associate (BOA) for our next production LA CAGE AUX FOLLES, May 12 – June 26, 2016. The BOA is responsible for the daily box office window operations of EWP’s David Henry Hwang Theater for the run of show. The ideal candidate will have box office experience and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced customer service-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Print will-call tickets and subscriber ticket exchanges
- Process all phone and walk-up orders
- Provide excellent customer service to all of our patrons
- Follow all EWP ticketing/sales/customer service policies, protocols, and guidelines
- Prepare appropriate sales reports and deposits at conclusion of box office hours
- Work with House Manger, helping to ensure the performance begins on time
- Trouble-shoot any ticketing or customer service issues
- Accurately input patron data into PatronManager
- Maintain current knowledge of EWP, the shows, and the Little Tokyo neighborhood
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available Wednesdays - Saturdays, 6 - 9 PM, and Sundays 12 - 3 PM from May 12 through June 26, 2016.
- Must have excellent speaking and writing skills
- Experience with PatronManager (highly desired) or similar CRM database preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in a box office environment preferred
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making quick decisions in high-pressure and time-sensitive situations
- Pleasant, welcoming, and friendly demeanor
Send resume, cover letter, and availability for work during May 12 – June 26 to email@example.com. Include in the subject line of your email the title of the position for which you are applying. No phone calls please.