Los Angeles Children's Chorus (LACC)
Reports to: Executive Director
The Los Angeles Children’s Chorus (LACC), one of the nation’s premiere youth choirs, is seeking an experienced Business Manager to provide comprehensive management of its financial and information systems.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Financial Transactions: Ensuring the accurate and timely recording and management of all financial transactions; managing commercial banking relationships.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Reporting: Developing, improving, and issuing timely financial reports for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Payroll, Benefits, and Insurance Administration: Coordinating payment for all Chorus employees and independent contractors; administering LACC benefit and insurance plans; assisting in various human resources functions
- Enrollment Management: Managing Chorus’ auditions, enrollment, and financial assistance programs.
- Information and Technology Management: Managing Chorus’ information and technology systems, in close coordination with outside IT vendor; maintaining and supporting Chorus’ CRM system (Patron Manager).
- The ideal candidate will be a motivated, responsible and highly organized individual interested in rewarding and challenging work with a leading arts nonprofit.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with uncompromising attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage and activate multiple constituencies, and navigate among multiple priorities, in a proactive and collegial manner
- Ability to collaborate on and implement business plans
- Technology savvy, with experience selecting and overseeing information management systems; strong knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A passion for the arts, choral music, and music education is highly desirable.
- This job requires the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time; carry objects weighing 5-10 lbs; walk up and down 3 flights of stairs; and travel to off-site meetings as requested.
- Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with a finance, accounting, or related degree
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector, with direct responsibility for
- the financial and administrative management of a not-for-profit organization
- Demonstrated proficiency with Quickbooks Desktop, MS Office, including Word and Excel, as well as Web search engines is required.
- Administrative experience with Patron Manager or other electronic customer relationship management database.
Please send a one-page cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting will close on November 14, 2016.
Prompt submission is strongly encouraged.
LACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Los Angeles Children’s Chorus (LACC) is one of the world’s leading organizations serving children and youth through performances and music education. Our mission is to ignite a love of singing and nurture the full expression of each individual’s potential for artistic and personal excellence through the collaborative experience of performance.
LACC includes six audition choirs and a “First Experiences in Singing” program for children ages 6-8. Atthe heart of LACC is a comprehensive music education program, crafted to encourage a lifelong love of music. While young people come to LACC with varying learning styles and different levels of experience,they all enjoy opportunities for musicianship and music theory training through a sequential rehearsal schedule and music literacy program.
LACC collaborates with key artistic partners around Southern California, appearing with distinguished organizations such as the LA Opera, LA Philharmonic, LA Master Chorale, Hollywood Bowl Orchestra,Jacaranda Music, MUSE/IQUE, and the Pasadena Symphony. LACC ensembles also tour regularly, both internationally and domestically. In recent years, tours have included South Africa, Scandinavia, Cuba,and Japan, and landmark performances at London’s St. Martin-in-the-Fields, the Edinburgh FringeFestival, and the United Nations in New York. The Chorus was featured in the Academy Award nominated documentary film “SING!” which chronicles a year in the life of the Chorus and is shownr egularly on PBS stations nationwide. LACC was recognized in 2014 by Chorus America with the Margaret Hillis Award for Choral Excellence, the nation’s highest choral honor.