This position reports to the Executive Director and helps coordinate the presentation of contemporary cultural programs presented at REDCAT (The Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater). It also has overall responsibility for providing general administrative support for a busy producing and curatorial staff. REDCAT’s contemporary cultural programs are presented in a theater and gallery in the Walt Disney Concert Hall complex in downtown Los Angeles. REDCAT is an interdisciplinary arts center presenting influential new works of international scope in the performing, visual and media arts. The theater features flexible seating configurations and a performance space suitable for theater, music, dance, film and video.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate local programming logistics
- Prepare travel and housing arrangements for artists and visiting guests
- Coordinate artist relations, including arrangements for artist residencies and rehearsals
- Provide general office services and arrange for office equipment, computer and telephone systems servicing; coordinate inter-office communications
- Respond to general telephone and email inquiries and refer specific inquiries as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between outside users of REDCAT facilities, REDCAT staff and with vendors for services such as parking, maintenance, and the Music Center
- Track and maintain schedules for performances, special events and meetings and manage efficient communications via website and social media
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated passion for contemporary performance, art and media
- Working understanding of theater operations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with REDCAT’s diverse constituencies
- Excellent English language composition and editing skills
- Strong planning, organizing and communication skills; ability to be proactive, follow through and meet deadlines and organize and maintain a schedule
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under general direction and tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated computer skills (Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, HTML, database)
- Internet/social media skills
- B.A. from an accredited college/university or a minimum of 3-years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience making complex travel arrangements
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Administrative Coordinator in order to be considered.