2018 World Economic Forum
We are creating an experiential installation for our client for the 2018 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
The theme of our installation is gender bias in the workplace. We want to show some of the world’s most powerful business leaders the truth about women in the workplace and the benefits of gender diversity. Our goal is to change world leaders’ minds about what is true and untrue about women in the workplace— for them to rethink the biases we are all subject to. Our goal is gender equality.
The name of the installation is The Revolution is televised. “Women at Work: Myth vs. Reality.”
It will be a room of 50 TVs and monitors, divided into 5 sections. Each section will be dedicated to a “myth” about women in the workplace (a 45 to 60 second video loop). There will be a lever and the screens will change to the REALITY OF WOMEN in the workplace.
We are looking for submissions of videos, gifs, illustrations, typographic designs of phrases, photos, paintings, digital art, etc. that brings each REALITY (more info below) to life.
We want different types of artwork, different mediums, all hopeful and positive. Whatever is your strong suit. We want COLOR!
Note: No brands should be visible in shot. There must be releases for any people shown (signed by parents if it is a child under the age of 18). No footage can be used that the artist does not have the rights to. We also need a statement from the artist of the ownership of the copyright. You have to own the content you send us .
We need artistic representations of the following themes:
- Confidence — That women are just as confident and capable as men.
- Defying the Pipeline Myth — That there are enough women qualified and educated for top jobs.
- Women and girls CAN do STEM — Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math aren’t just for guys.
- Domestic work is everyone’s work — Households (and children!) benefit when all genders contribute to home life.
- Sexual Harassment — The public perception surrounding sexual harassment is shifting. Victims are speaking out, people are standing with them. This could finally lead to change.
Please send what you imagine! Whatever these truths mean to you.
Work can be as realistic or abstract as works for you. For instance, it could be an animated female CEO or a color study to illustrate confidence. Sexual Harassment could be a typographic of #METOO. An illustration of a stay-at-home dad could be literal or figurative. If you want more examples or stats to work off, please let us know.
The work should be :
It should NOT be:
- Profane/contain nudity
HOW TO APPLY
WE NEED WORK BY SUNDAY, JANUARY 14TH, 11:59PM.
Please submit as many pieces as you see fit. Ideally between 5-10 possible works.
(This round of work may be changed slightly (if we have edits/suggestions), but to be selected, you must submit by then.)
- 1 year unlimited, unrestricted use, all medias (with an option to renew for an additional year at the same fee).
- $750 per piece of artwork selected.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org