Los Angeles County requires an informed, engaged, and involved society able to participate in their community and in their government. Participation in the arts is a crucial catalyst in fostering engaged residents, developing opportunities for public debate, volunteerism, and lifelong learning.
As leaders who embrace opportunities to help shape the future of Los Angeles County, we will:
- Support policies that facilitate increased access to arts and culture experiences
- Empower arts and culture stakeholders to be visibly and actively involved in the electoral process
- Promote policy positions on arts and culture from candidates and public officials
- Encourage artists and arts leaders to join public commissions, boards, and cross-sector policy committees and task forces
- Build support for arts and culture with, from, and by law enforcement, business, and health and human service providers