Los Angeles County requires an informed, engaged, and involved society able to participate in their community and in their government. Participation in the arts is a crucial catalyst in fostering engaged residents, developing opportunities for public debate, volunteerism, and lifelong learning. Arts organizations and arts supporters play a critical role in advancing the arts in the region.
The ArtsVote Campaign is a multi-strategy campaign designed to engage residents, provide opportunities for public discourse, bolster volunteerism, and provide avenues for arts organizations to show their #ArtsVote power.
We achieve this through:
- Arts and Culture Candidate Surveys
- Arts and Cultural Candidate Forums
- Arts and Cultural Polling Places: Registering polling places, poll worker training
- Organization Training: H-Election, Non-profit electoral rights
- Legislation Tracking
- Get Out The Vote promotion
Support ArtsVote with a donation of any size DONATE
Materials and resources for Arts Delegates meeting with LA City Council District Offices on ArtsDay 2017.
Our work as advocates takes place not only locally, but also at the state and federal levels. For 2015-16, we are tracking the following bills and legislation.