Corita Arts Center
The Corita Art Center, a project of the Immaculate Heart Community, preserves and promotes Corita Kent's art, teaching, and passion for social justice. The Corita Art Center’s collection contains over 10,000 fine art prints, nearly 20,000 35mm slides, and an archive that includes various publications, correspondence, and assorted ephemera relating to Corita’s life and work. 40 hours per week / exempt, salary range $45-50,000.
The Collections Manager ensures good stewardship of the Corita Art Center collections. The Collections Manager will support the Director by overseeing all aspects of the archive and collections’ care, safety, and documentation. He or she manages registration-related issues, researches potential exhibitions, manages exhibition files, is a contact for curators and exhibitors, and will collaborate with internal and external partners on developing related programs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Inventorying the archive and exhibition collection
• Updating and maintaining the database
• Adding artwork and ephemera to the collection and database
• Condition reports for serigraph donations, sales, and exhibitions
• Executing loan agreements
• Coordinating logistics for art shipping
• Writing collections related grants
• Assisting with rights and reproductions requests
• Training other staff, volunteers, and/or interns in collection handling practices
• Assistance with daily operations including acquisitions, donations, membership, education, marketing, gift shop and online sales, creation and facilitation of workshops and programs, and other administrative tasks
• A strong commitment to collections management
• Experience working with both fine art and archival collections
• Highly attentive to detail, able to work collaboratively, and knowledgeable about industry best practices
Education: Master’s degree in Art Conservation, Art History, Collections Management, Library Science, Museum Studies or related field; or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume as one PDF with the subject line "Collections Manager" to firstname.lastname@example.org.