Los Angeles County Arts Commission
Los Angeles, CA
BACKGROUND: The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County, encompassing 88 municipalities and nearly 140 unincorporated areas, and provides leadership in cultural services. The Arts Commission funds over 360 nonprofit arts organizations through a two-year $9 million grant program, implements Arts for All, the regional initiative dedicated to ensuring all students receive quality arts education in the County’s 81 public school districts, funds the largest arts internship program in the country, and manages the County’s civic art policy. lacountyarts.org.
EMPLOYER: Los Angeles County Arts Commission
POSITION: Communications Coordinator (Full time, contract)
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to support the marketing and public relations of the Arts Commission as a whole, as well as all Commission programs including Grants and Professional Development, Arts Education, Research and Development and Civic Art.
COMPENSATION: $3,700-$4,300 monthly contract, depending on experience.
The Communications Coordinator works as part of the Arts Commission’s communications team, reporting to the Acting Executive Director. The Communications Coordinator works closely with staff from each of the Arts Commission programmatic divisions to implement communications strategies.
General Administrative – 25%
- Coordinate day-to-day communications duties including developing presentations, graphic elements and general correspondence.
- Serve as the first point of contact for general communications inquiries.
- Prepare a monthly memo of Arts Commission activities.
- Occasional attendance at special events.
- Support social media efforts.
Website and CRM Management – 40%
- Update, troubleshoot and maintain the Arts Commission website (LACountyArts.org) using Drupal CMS.
- Ensure website content is up-to-date and support staff in interfacing with CMS.
- Support maintenance of the Arts Ed Collective website (LACountyArtsEdCollective.org).
- Prepare analytics and metrics for website(s).
- Maintain Arts Commission database and support staff in interfacing with CRM.
Publicity - 35%
- Coordinate and execute public relations activities.
- Develop press releases, fact sheets and other media material to ensure proper representation of Arts Commission and its programs.
- Organize press database.
- Monitor press coverage and archive press clippings.
- Communications experience supporting public relations and marketing functions.
- In-depth knowledge of Drupal CMS.
- Experience with database management.
- Understanding of user interface/experience designs and information architecture.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Google Analytics and MyEmma E-mail Marketing Tools or comparable software solutions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Adobe In-Design, Illustrator and/or Photoshop software.
- Experience copy editing for websites as well as cropping/resizing/compressing images.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and relevant work samples (no more than three, in PDF format). Resumes should include a list of software proficiencies and note the skill level attained for each application. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with Communications Coordinator as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the US mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met.