Los Angeles, CA
Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Advancement Director
FSLA Status: Full-time, exempt
With the oversight of Advancement Director, the Communications Manager will oversee all communications activity within the organization, including developing and maintaining clear, branded, and consistent communication with P.S. ARTS stakeholders, broad community, and the general public; overseeing event PR and communication, as well advocacy-related communication strategies; and guiding and measure strategies that drive engagement and revenue via P.S. ARTS’ marketing and outreach channels. This position will also help position P.S. ARTS as a key player in the arts education field by cultivating relationships with the media and representing the organization at advocacy and policy events.
- Advise CEO, Advancement Director, and Board of Trustees on External Affairs-related issues, goals, and strategies;
- Drive organization awareness, advocacy, and PR in government, community, and VIP circles through marketing channels;
- Contribute to advancement department consent agenda and department report for the Board of Trustees as needed.
- Collaborate with Advancement Director, CEO, and Externals Affairs Committee in creating and executing VIP/celebrity communications strategy in correlation with events;
- Oversee press activities and VIP/Dignitary support at P.S. ARTS events;
- Oversee creation and production of invitations, catalogs and event signage, and maintain external affairs-related information on the P.S. ARTS website;
- Support the programs team with Community Outreach events, as needed.
- In consultation with the CEO, Advancement Director, and senior staff as appropriate, draft and disseminate program-related press releases and statements;
- Develop relationships with local press contacts and media outlets;
- Create marketing plan for each major event and secure press coverage and placements;
- Attend local, regional, and national policy and advocacy events, as appropriate;
- Brief senior staff on critical arts education news and policy issues;
- In collaboration with the Advancement Director, draft compelling content and campaigns that highlight organizational priorities and drive email capture, social following, and donations;
- Analyze communication strategies to ensure efficacy and engagement;
- Oversee brand consistency across departments;
- Develop appropriate content for all communications outlets including website, printed materials, social media platforms, and weekly blog.
This position requires a self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented person. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s degree preferred) and demonstrated commitment to P.S. ARTS’ mission. Experience with an agency or brand with a strong network of influencer relationships in arts, education, and/or entertainment industries is preferred. 2+ years of experience in marking and communications management is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no hard copies or phone calls.