Los Angeles, CA
The Antaeus Theatre Company
The Antaeus Theatre Company is a cooperative theatre ensemble founded to empower the actor and to bring classical theatre to Southern California. The company exists to create a family of artists and audiences and is dedicated to exploring stories with enduring themes.
The Company Manager is responsible for ensuring that all company members and guest artists feel well attended to and supported at Antaeus. This position manages all scheduling for the theatre, the Antaeus Academy, and ensures that all activities run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner. This position reports to the Executive Director and will interact with the Board of Directors, Company Members, and Guest Artists.
- Manages all aspects of support for company and guest artists at Antaeus including Ensemble, A2, Associate, and Affiliate members. Act as their primary theatre contact and exercise managerial judgment when anticipating and responding to the needs of these artists.
- Works with Artistic Directors, Guest Directors, Production Manager, and Production Stage Manager to ensure that all production needs are met.
- Puts systems into place to track and manage all members of the company including, but not limited to ensuring that contact information is up-to-date and that all dues have been paid in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all communications to company members including weekly update emails. Coordinates gathering information for communications about the company from members as needed.
- Manage full life-cycle of all production contracts including mailing originals, obtaining signatures, and filing copies with unions if needed.
- Ensure that all stipend payments for designers, directors, cast and crew members are paid in a timely manner.
- Manage all company and guest artists ticket requests for productions.
- Work each first day rehearsal, designer run through, and opening and closing nights of all productions at Antaeus.
- Be familiar with Los Angeles rehearsal studios and negotiate rates for offsite rentals as needed. Serves as the primary staff contact for all prospective Antaeus rental inquiries.
- Manages the master calendar for the theatre and schedules all Antaeus activities.
- Develops and oversees annual Academy budget for the Academy tied to short-term and long-term goals. Oversees accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Supports Artistic Director on all Academy needs including scheduling and class rosters.
- Develops strategies to recruit prospective Academy students.
- Serves as the point of contact for potential students and the general public.
- Oversees alumni relations and develops events for them to interact with Antaeus.
- Serves as the staff liaison for Academy moderators.
- Trains and supervises class assistants for all Academy classes.
- Provides assistance with writing and proofing of all materials as needed.
- Maintains Company and Academy related files and tracks inventory of office supplies for these areas.
- Serves as a supervisor for production interns and work study students.
- Evidence good work habits including, but not limited to being on time, following workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all donor, audience, Board, and supervisor requests.
- Exhibits appropriate phone, email and in-person etiquette, and responds to phone and email messages in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of company and/or stage management experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic knowledge of AEA, SDC, and USA unions. Overall working knowledge of theatre operations including, but not limited to the production process, box office and house management.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Technical Knowledge – must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and comfortable using database software.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced organization.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
All employees at the Antaeus Theatre Company undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evening and weekends.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Company Manager Application”.