Los Angeles, CA
We are a contemporary art gallery with active programming and international clientele, located in West Hollywood.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual for our full-time Gallery Assistant position. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is driven to learn about the art industry and passionate about art business. With this position, you will be responsible for hands-on management of an art gallery.
This position requires you to wear many hats to be a valuable member of our team, as the day-to-day gallery maintenance involves a wide array of tasks and responsibilities. We will consider candidates who meet our requirements** ONLY.
Monday Friday: 10am 6pm
- 1+ years of art gallery experience such as hands-on exhibition installation, art packing, and day-to-day gallery maintenance**
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and proactive**
- Bilingual (Korean)**
- Ability to learn fast and follow directions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Punctual, reliable professional with strong work ethics
- Pleasant mannerism to greet and converse with visitors
- Comfortable with physical work of handling art and maintenance of the gallery
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of social media marketing
- Local candidates only
- Supporting the gallery director/owner
- Manning the gallery independently (in the absence of the director)
- Administrative work (invoices, inventory, emails, phone calls, etc.)
- Help with installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Help prepare and participate in art opening receptions and special events
- Art packing, shipping, and arranging transportation including working with art handlers
- Daily social media updates and content creation
- Gallery website updates
- Knowledge and passion for contemporary art
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites and MailChimp
- Computer Savvy
- Office administration experience
How To Apply
Submit the following (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover letter
- Resume in PDF (or .doc format)
- Put FULL-TIME GALLERY ASSISTANT in the subject line.