City of Culver City - Cultural Affairs Performing Arts Program
Culver City, CA
The City of Culver City seeks a part-time assistant for its Cultural Affairs Division who will be responsible for the administrative aspects of the Culver City Performing Arts Grant Program. Duties will also include tasks associated with other performing arts-related programs of the Cultural Affairs division. This is an excellent opportunity for someone on a career track focused on arts administration. This is a non-benefited, 20-30 hour per week contract position, with flexible hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Culver City, comprising 5 square miles and nearly 40,000 residents, is strategically located on the Westside of Los Angeles County at the intersection of the 405 (San Diego) and 10 (Santa Monica) freeways. The city is recognized as a creative and cultural nexus within greater Los Angeles, featuring a high concentration of performing and visual artists, architects, place makers, communications firms, cultural and creative start-ups, major movie studios and postproduction houses.
Reporting to the Special Events Coordinator, the Performing Arts Program Assistant plays a pivotal role in the grant program, cultural facility enhancement projects, creative economy planning, cultural planning, social media campaigns, and general administration. Examples of duties include:
- Preparing and maintaining files, in print and electronic formats, for the Culver City Performing Arts Grant Program;
- Drafting of grantee contracts and processing them;
- Adapting grantee publicity material, to standard City formats, and executing the website posting, electronic notification, and other related promotion;
- Processing invoices for payment and entering requisitions into the City’s financial software program (Tyler Munis);
- Assisting in the drafting and preparation of the online grant application;
- Coordinating details and logistics for the City’s grant workshop, peer review panel, and public meetings to review grant recommendations;
- Assisting in the preparation of performing arts-related staff reports for the Cultural Affairs Commission and City Council (Granicus software);
- Conducting administrative studies of programs, projects and practices;
- Providing general administrative support to the Special Events Coordinator.
Candidates should have a B.A. degree and a minimum of (2) two years’ experience in a responsible administrative role, with a focus on the performing arts. The successful candidate will have knowledge of, or interest in, performing arts; proven organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2013 or Microsoft Office 2016 software suite (especially Word and Excel). Dropbox and website software experience is a plus. A candidate with a degree in the performing arts is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply immediately by submitting a cover letter stating why the position is of interest and with that include a résumé a list of three professional references and your salary history. Submit materials via email to email@example.com.
Note: Cover letter and résumé will be reviewed for immediate placement. Position will remain open until filled and may close without advance notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Special assistance for persons with disabilities may be available to help with the process upon request. Contact the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 507, Culver City, CA 90232-0507. (310) 253-5640 V/TDD (310) 253-5647 (Hearing Impaired Only). – Women, Minorities & Disabled Encouraged to Apply.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, express or implied, and any provisions in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.