LECLAIREUR Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Since 1980, LECLAIREUR has been presenting designers with strong, unusual and rich approaches to their work. LECLAIREUR was quickly established as a visionary force in the world of fashion, lifestyle and design. It now has 5 locations in Paris, France.
LECLAIREUR just opened its first US destination : a three-story retail-gallery in the heart of West Hollywood’s Design District. The space will show highly curated design pieces with a strong focus on limited edition furniture, objects and one of a kind pieces.
We are seeking a strongly motivated individual to join the team as a sales assistant, and to bring their passion and knowledge in the design market. You will have the chance to play an active role in the birth of LECLAIREUR Los Angeles. With this position, you will be working under the supervision of the gallery manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to grow along with LECLAIREUR Los Angeles, add their identity to the story and become a valuable member of the team.
Sales & Customer Relationship:
- Be visible and available to welcome customers, taking them around the space as they discover our selection, generate sales.
- Know the inventory : Have a full knowledge or artists, artist’s history and pieces presented throughout the space
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with our customers, following up and reaching out with emails when appropriate.
- Manage sales follow up, packing and shipping/delivery.
General Gallery work :
- Manage your work in the gallery independently in the absence of the Gallery Manager.
- Participate in installation and un-installation of exhibitions.
- Prepare and participate in opening receptions and special events.
- Help with the administrative work such as inventory, invoicing, emails and phone calls.
As responsibilities include key duties, we are seeking someone who has an intrinsic passion for design and high-end furniture. You should consequently have an existing solid knowledge about this business, its actors and the specific customers' expectations (both interior designers/architects and final consumers) - and be able to respond to the needs of this demanding and highly knowledgeable clientele.
The Design Gallery Sales Assistant will naturally need to break away from the traditional retail process by providing their customers with a unique experience as they visit the gallery, far away from the common commercial approach. We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of taking new approaches.
The position includes occasional nights and weekends.
By bringing design and fashion together since 1980, LECLAIREUR’s founders blazed a new path. Avant-garde choices and service truly dedicated to the needs of a highly specific, aesthetic-oriented and worldly clientele remain the pillars of an ongoing story wherein clients and creators indirectly collaborate, and thus become essential actors themselves in the LECLAIREUR experience.
LECLAIREUR always looks ahead, engaging with what will come, to dare, to disrupt.
Discovering. Inspiring. Surprising. Sharing. With six locations in Paris, and several participations at Art Paris, PAD Paris and PAD London, LECLAIREUR is forever a pioneer, regularly reinventing itself to offer its clientele a unique vision of creation, just as it did, some 35 years ago.
To learn more about LECLAIREUR: www.leclaireur.com
Contact us at email@example.com to apply for this position.