The Craft & Folk Art Museum
Los Angeles, CA
The Craft & Folk Art Museum (CAFAM) is a place to see art and make art – all under one roof. CAFAM creatively connects the public with art and artists by presenting consistently unexpected exhibitions, offering a wealth of hands-on workshops and hosting special events. Exploring the leading edge of craft, art and design, CAFAM shows traditional techniques taken in new, often surprising directions.
The Designer & Social Media Manager is a full-time position that works closely with the Exhibitions, Programs, and Membership Department. The position encompasses full responsibility for the design and production of all printed and digital museum materials, as well as social media marketing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the visual identity of the museum across all communication platforms
- Design and produce all printed materials including but not limited to: quarterly newsletters, flyers, postcards, museum signage, posters, and invitations
- Regularly edit, update, and maintain content on the museum website
- Design exhibition catalogues, wall labels, graphics, and outdoor banners
- Work with vendors for production and delivery of all printed collateral
- Devise strategies and materials with the marketing team to promote the museum and museum programs
- Assemble, organize, and archive photos for the museum’s use
- Manage and schedule daily creative content for all social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, with the goal of growing reach and engaging museums audience
- Utilize online measurement tools to analyze and grow social media engagement and reach
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1–3 years of design experience with a variety of media
- BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field of study
- Experience designing flyers, newsletters, postcards, stationary, and other marketing collateral
- Experience working with vendors for print production
- Fluency and familiarity in social media platforms
- Experience in managing social media and working with online measurement tools
- Thorough understanding of multimedia branding principles and tactics
- Strong understanding of culturally-inclined audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities within tight timelines and high expectations; open to shifting priorities
- Highly proficient in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Constant Contact
- Basic understanding of Umbraco or other CMS, Squarespace, HTML
- Team-oriented and comfortable working in a small organization
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented approach
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies and tools.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings, as needed
Send resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Sasha Ali at: email@example.com.