East West Players
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Report: Development Manager
Classification: Part Time/Hourly/Not Benefits Eligible
Hours: 10-12 hours/week
East West Players (EWP) is a non-profit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
EWP seeks a passionate and mature candidate with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to assist in growing the organization’s capacity. The Development Assistant will join a team of committed arts leaders to support the Development Department in the areas of grant writing and grant research, donor relations & cultivation, and special events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Grant Writing, Reporting, and Research
- Work with the Development Manager to meet grant application and reporting deadlines as outlined in the fundraising calendar.
- Conduct necessary in-house, online, and general research to complete grants.
- Report grant activities as designated by individual grant agreements to meet all specified deadlines.
- Research and identify new grant opportunities.
Individual Donor Program
- Work with the Development Manager increasing individual donor contributions from season brochure donor campaign, end of year campaign and the Beulah Quo and Edwin Kwoh Scholarship for Theatre Education.
- Implement donor cultivation activities, develop donor newsletter, and assist with special events.
- Assist in maintaining fundraising calendar and grant files
- Assist in processing individual gifts and acknowledgement letters, as requested.
- Attend staff and event committee meetings, as requested.
- Complete other administrative duties as assigned by the Development Manager.
- Must have excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated interest/knowledge regarding the Asian Pacific American and/or theatre communities.
- Demonstrated interest/passion regarding diversity issues, arts advocacy and social justice.
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM database preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in nonprofit development, fundraising, or the arts preferred
- B.A. in English, Humanities, Asian American or Ethnic Studies, Liberal Arts, Theatre, or similar fields preferred.