California Institute of the Arts
California Institute of the Arts, ranked as one of the country’s top colleges for students in the arts, seeks a Development Assistant (DA) to provide broad program support to the Individual Giving program in the Office of Advancement. The DA will provide excellent and energetic fundraising support and will be responsible for administrative operations of the Individual Giving program including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, donor acknowledgment, and database management. This position reports to the Director of Development, Individual Giving.
Reports to: Director of Development, Individual Giving
FLSA Status: FTE 1.0
Employment Status: non-exempt
Salary Grade: 14
Supervisory Responsibility: None
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide administrative support for the CalArts Fund, CalArts’ annual giving program. Assist in the preparation of fundraising campaigns, including drafting solicitation text, coordinating materials and mailings, creating email blasts, and tracking totals throughout the fiscal year.
- Assist with event planning and execution of events for the Friends of CalArts, the Institute’s leadership donor group, including invitation mailings and maintaining RSVP lists.
- Draft acknowledgement letters for CalArts Fund gifts
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement, Director of Individual Giving, and Director of Leadership Gifts
- Provide support related to the Development & Communications Committee of the Board of Trustees. Prepare agenda packets and take minutes of the Committee meetings for distribution.
- Other related duties
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and close attention to detail required
- Must be highly motivated and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well with others and independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be able to work on some nights and weekends to assist during fundraising events
- At least one year of professional experience preferred, ideally in a non-profit development office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. required; Strong computer literacy required; Knowledge of higher education and the arts preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Development Assistant in order to be considered.