The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
Los Angeles, CA
The Development Assistant reports to the Director of Individual Giving, and supports Chief Development Officer relating to all activities for MOCA’s three acquisitions groups: Acquisition and Collection Committee, Drawings and Photography Committee, and the Director’s Council; and supports the Associate Director of Membership and Annual Fund, relating to all activities for Membership and Individual Giving.
The qualified candidate will have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills, and at least one year of administrative experience. Must have the ability to work with the public in a professional and courteous manner. Ability to handle multiple assignments and to keep deadlines essential. Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database software preferred. Interest in art and previous experience in fundraising desirable.
- Maintain a schedule for member-related functions, such as renewals and gift processing, and ensures that work is carried out in a timely and efficient systemized way.
- Processes, coordinates, prepares and distributes member mailings, including renewals, acknowledgement letters, appeals, membership cards and gift receipts.
- Maintains files and databases; works closely with the Director of Individual Giving tracking activities relating to major gift work and donor prospects includingentering data in Raiser’s Edge and maintaining an updated prospect manager list.
- Maintains master calendar of programming across groups and museum to ensure proper planning and avoid conflicts.
- Helps creates event invitations, save-the-dates and other mailings and communications; (events for Leadership Circle range from 8-10 per fiscal year; events foracquisitions committees range from 8-10 per fiscal year).
- Prepare donor packets for events and meetings.
- Maintains guest lists and RSVPs for all events; send event confirmations to attendees and work with internal stakeholders and hosts to ensure goodcommunication and information sharing on events.
- Manages MailChimp and mailing lists in concert with Development Operations, Special Events and Travel Manager, and Communications, and carries outrelated mailings and e-mail blasts for events in our area.
- Manages and fulfills membership donation requests as needed.
- Works closely with the Executive Assistant to the Chief Development Officer, Donor Relations Officer, Associate Director of Membership and Annual Fund andIndividual Giving Coordinator to ensure good inter-departmental communication.
- Supports events as needed, including some work evenings and weekends.
- Other duties required across the Development Department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.