Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT RYMAN ARTS
Ryman Arts is one of the nation’s top youth art programs, offering professional studio art instruction along with college and career guidance to artistic high school youth who are serious about a future in art—all at no cost to the student. Almost all graduates go on to college, many alumni work in the creative industries, and all are poised for personal success. Since 1990, Ryman Arts has engaged over 6,000 Southern California teens in its core program and provided outreach activities to more than 20,000 inner city students.
The organization has an approximately $1.2M annual budget, all generated through fundraising, and has an endowment of approximately $2M. Over the next several years, Ryman Arts intends to diversify and expand revenue and complete a campaign to grow the endowment. The purpose of this position is to support Ryman Arts’ fundraising goals in a collaborative setting. Working under the regular supervision of the Development & Communications Manager, the Development Coordinator will undertake a variety of projects with special focus on building individual, corporate and other support through research, thoughtful stewardship, and strategic communications.
Principal Responsibilities and Examples of Duties
- Help identify and research prospects for Ryman Arts’ funding priorities.
- Generate reports and analyze data to help staff create fundraising strategy and assess progress towards goals.
- Coordinate stewardship of individual supporters and specialized support circles.
- Identify and solicit prospects for business sponsorships for events.
- Compile data for grant applications and may draft reports.
- Research and update contacts in targeted categories for communications; generate segmented lists for mailings, calendar listings and fundraising campaigns; and liaise with mail houses as needed.
- Support production of publications, including newsletters, brochures, event invitations and campaign materials as well as other collateral materials and promotional items.
- Support online presence, including website, e-news, and social media. Compile, organize and edit digital content for publication.
- Assist in producing a variety of Ryman Arts events such as annual fundraisers, silent auctions, and community events, with an emphasis on executing organizational branding, media outreach, and cultivation of support.
- Contribute to the positive culture at Ryman Arts and collaborate to support our mission. Represent Ryman Arts at events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in art/humanities, English, communications, business, or related area.
- Two or more years’ experience in fundraising, marketing or similar work, preferably in a non-profit organization. Demonstrated skill in managing projects.
- Superlative communication skills: in person, in writing, on social media, and on the phone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very comfortable initiating contact with others and cultivating relationships.
- Able to quickly learn new technology with a high level of demonstrable skill with PC applications including Microsoft Office Suite and databases. Experience using a donor management system, website development tools and Photoshop are highly desirable.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with diverse individuals as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to track multiple projects and follow through to completion.
- Able to analyze problems and develop solutions that are responsive to high service needs. Exemplary customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm for art education and youth development.
- Ability to travel regionally throughout Southern California and flexible schedule to work some evenings and weekends for events and meetings.
The Development Coordinator position is a full time, 35 hour per week, non-exempt position. Compensation includes employer paid health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave and retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail cover letter, resume, and 2-3 page writing sample to Development Coordinator Search, Ryman Arts, 1933 S. Broadway, 11th Floor, Suite 1138, Los Angeles, CA 90007.
No calls, please. Position open until filled.