Debbie Allen Dance Academy (DADA)
Los Angeles, CA
The Debbie Allen Dance Academy seeks a Development Manager to plan and manage DADA’s individual, institutional, corporate and in-kind giving and fundraising efforts and to assist the Executive Director in creating goals and strategies for fundraising campaigns.
This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
- Help develop appeals and engagement strategies for current and prospective donors.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with donors and prospects.
- Manage grants program including writing and tracking proposals,
- researching potential opportunities, managing and reporting on current
- grants, maintain grants calendar, communicating with grantors and
- attending workshops.
- Work with Executive Director to prepare budgets and monitor costs for
- development events and activities.
- Serves as liaison between DADA and DAPA, our active parent association.
- Plan, coordinate and arrange events for promotional and fundraising purposes.
- Manage Donor Perfect database.
- Maintain Cultural Data Project profile.
- At least three years of proven development experience.
- A record of measurable results in writing successful grant applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A record of measurable results in organizing and implementing events.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional project management, strategic thinking and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as needed to assist with DADA meetings and events is required.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Donor Perfect.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The salary for this position is $40,000-$45,000 annually, commensurate with experience and includes paid leave time and an employer paid health insurance plan.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary history to DADA Executive Director, Alex Dilks Pandola, at: email@example.com. Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email.