Art Share L.A.
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Development Manager, Art Share Los Angeles (FTE position)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 5, 2017
START DATE: October 1, 2017
The Development Manger reports to and works in conjunction with the Executive Director to coordinate Art Share L.A.’s activities in the following areas: major gifts, annual gifts, marketing, fundraising events, individual donors, grant writing, corporate donors and special projects.
1. Funder Cultivation
- Establish an individual and major gifts program
- Develop plan to build partnerships with local corporations/businesses
- Develop an annual fundraising and cultivation plan
- Assist with the development and manage donor database
- Manage communications and relationship with current and prospective
- funders and develop appropriate acknowledgement, supply fundraising
- reports, and analysis of results of appeals
- Maintain giving portfolio of $100,000 and help to increase it in FY2018
2. Grant Writing
- Grow our grants program to $180,000
- Coordinate and track all grant application and reporting activities, in collaboration with other staff/departments seeking or working on grant-funded programs and contracted work.
- Manage, research, writing and submission to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match client’s priorities, using research tools.
- Serves as liaison to all funding agencies or organizations. (If needed)
3. Marketing responsibilities
- Newsletter: Coordinate the scheduling, planning, writing and production of weekly mailer, quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Website: Oversee website content and coordinate with event and gallery staff on all updates and changes.
4. Special Event Responsibilities
- Coordinate all special events including, annual Above the Streets gala.
- Support board fundraising efforts
- Oversee Event and Development Committee
- Responsible for event expenses and budget; drafting event analysis and performance reports
- Maintain event records, recruit and supervise event volunteers and act as director on day of events
- Board management – support the Executive Director with Board and Committee management. Assist with training for these entities
- Other projects to be determined by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Minimum of BA in nonprofit management or related fields
- Minimum three to five years in nonprofit fundraising required
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgment
- Familiarity with major gift and annual giving campaigns
- Self-motivated, results oriented manager with strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); ability to lead and be part of a team; detail-oriented; understanding of basic marketing strategies.
- Computer literate in database management, Internet search techniques and Microsoft office.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and automobile available for use during work hours
- Willing to work flexible hours and attend evening events, conferences, meetings and galas
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and include your cover letter in the body of the email. Make sure to include years of experience in the cover letter, or your resume will not be read. Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently do not have benefits, but are hoping to attain them at the end of FY2018!
Commensurate with experience.