Ojai Music Festival
Internationally regarded as one of the most influential annual classical music events, the Ojai Music Festival has long served as a creative musical laboratory for artists, composers and audiences alike to explore new and unfamiliar repertoire. The Festival uniquely combines the intimate setting of Ojai with artists performing innovative programs over an extended weekend to create an immersive experience. The Festival is committed to fostering a positive and dynamic culture among the performers, artistic staff, administrative staff, audience, volunteers, and the Ojai community. In addition, the Festival’s BRAVO education & community program actively teaches area youth about music and how it relates to other core curriculum subjects, as well as enriches the lives of the local elderly community. The Festival successfully led a community effort to raise $4 million to rebuild Libbey Bowl, which held its grand opening at the June 2011 Festival. Currently, the Festival is planning a comprehensive 75th Anniversary Campaign culminating in 2022.
The Development Manager reports to the Director of Development to provide support for all aspects of the organization’s fundraising efforts, and manage the areas of patron engagement, database management, annual fund campaign, and communications, and special events. The Development Manager will be part of a two-person development department in a small but ambitious seven-person office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Manage Annual Fund campaign: Direct and administer all aspects of annual giving of donors $1,000 and below through direct mail, email, and online campaigns with assistance from Patron Engagement Associate; appeal segmentation donor acknowledgement and stewardship; donor recognition and retention, as well as prospecting for new donors.
- Fundraising Communications: Work with Director of Development to create and maintain a steady stream of ideas and materials for the Festival website, e-news, success stories, donor profiles. Create graphics/infographics, email blasts, and presentations.
- Assist with Events: Assist in coordinating and managing special events including donor cultivation and fundraising events and events produced by the Festival’s auxiliary group, the Ojai Festivals Women’s Committee. Responsibilities include assisting Operations Manager with logistics, creating and mailing invitations, tracking RSVPs, assisting with day-of operations, managing event expenses and budget.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database: Manage and oversee systems and procedures, including supervision of Office Assistant in gift processing. Accountable for ensuring high quality data capture; financial reporting, analysis, and reconciliation; running and developing standard and custom reports; record-keeping on donor giving and relationship history; creating and maintaining mailing lists and donor segmentation; database systems administration, prospect research, and ongoing maintenance of donor records.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- BA degree (liberal arts, business preferred)
- Three to five years of experience in nonprofit development/fundraising
- Experience working in and managing fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office, including strong understanding of Word and Excel
- Experience with email marketing and other e-communication services
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with basic graphic design; understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, stand, walk for long periods of time, reach with hands and arms, climb, kneel, and balance
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
- Demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Diligent, well organized, flexible, and able to adapt to unexpected challenges effectively
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making
- Excellent at multi-tasking and setting priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with multiple constituencies
- Requires little supervision over many routine assignments
- A strong interest in classical music or performing arts is a plus
- High attention to detail
- Able to work some late nights and weekends
- Adaptable to a high paced office environment with many last minute adjustments
- Embodies the values of the Festival
- A sense of humor!
Supervisor: Director of Development
Work closely with President, Operations Manager, Patron Engagement Associate, and Office Assistant
Full-time year round exempt position with benefits. Salary range commensurate with relative experience.
Deadline to apply: September 30, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com | PO Box 185, Ojai, CA 93024
*Please no phone inquiries*
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.