Los Angeles, CA
Title: Digital Communications Associate
Announcement Date: 02/01/16; open until filled
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives
The Digital Communications Associate oversees the day-to-day scheduling and posting of content on Levitt’s various social media channels and tracks and monitors results. The Digital Communications Associate also writes for the Levitt blog, produces and updates content for the Levitt AMP websites, creates short multimedia videos, and designs graphics for eblasts and other collateral materials. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that provides daily support to the Senior Director of Communications &
- Assist the Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives in the execution of social media strategies to promote awareness of Levitt’s mission, including daily updates to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.; write and develop engaging, daily content that leads to measurable results; create compelling graphics to accompany posts
- Develop and maintain an ongoing social media editorial calendar
- Track and measure social media metrics as well as Google Analytics for national Levitt websites tounderstand effectiveness of penetration and impact
- Create monthly and quarterly reports based on social media metrics and Google Analytics to draw insights from interactions and engagement
- Create and track Google ads through AdWords to help drive traffic to national Levitt websites
- Coordinate nationally‐focused social media campaigns such as #musicmoves with multiple stakeholders to support the national network of Levitt music venues and AMP concert sites and the national Levitt organization and its programs
- Create lively and engaging blog content on the Levitt blog reVerb, contributing to the blog at leastonce a week
- Create short multimedia videos to promote concert seasons, grantees, and national programs, initiatives and campaigns
- Develop and maintain Wikipedia pages related to Levitt and the national network of Levitt music venues
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels and design and develop strategies accordingly
- Support the identification of relationships and collaborate with Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives to build relationships with influential audiences via social media
- Support the Senior Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives and Communications Associate in producing and updating Levitt AMP content, ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly to drive website traffic, as well as provide support in producing and updating content for the main Levitt website
- Assist in the creative and written development of internal and external e-newsletters
- Assist in the execution of Levitt’s overall Communications efforts
- Serve as a Levitt ambassador at events on occasional nights and weekends, including, but not limited to, benefits, concerts, conferences and donor cultivation events
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- 1-3 years of professional experience in social media and/or digital communications
- Possess in-depth understanding and experience with various social media platforms
- Online content creation experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills for all types of social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good technical understanding with ability to learn and use new social media tools quickly
- Strong creative thinking skills as shown through approach to various social media platforms
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic graphic design principles with experience in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop in a Mac environment; experience in Illustrator, a plus
- Proficient in video editing software, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool
- High degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
- Experience and skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail
- Passion for and commitment to Levitt Pavilions’ mission
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree required
Levitt Pavilions is a national nonprofit organization that exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We empower communities to transform neglected outdoor spaces into welcoming destinations where the power of free, live music brings people together and invigorates community life. Levitt Pavilions realizes its mission through two key programs: the signature Levitt program of permanent outdoor music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2016, more than 450 free Levitt concerts will be presented in 21 towns and cities across America, serving more than 600,000 people. All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in all music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2016 GRAMMY nominees include 21 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
The signature Levitt program includes cities as diverse as Los Angeles and Pasadena, California; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis, Tennessee; and Arlington, Texas. Each signature Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50+ free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the signature Levitt program is growing. Developing Levitt locations across the country include Denver (opening 2017) and Houston (opening 2018), amongst other cities.
In 2016, the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards were awarded to 15 small to mid-sized towns and cities, including Greensboro, N.C.; Sheboygan, Wis.; North Adams, Mass.; Asbury Park, N.J.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space beginning this spring and continuing through the fall.
Visit www.levitt.org to learn more.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Levitt Pavilions offers a dynamic work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), paid time off and other benefits. EEO/AW employer.