Los Angeles, CA
Inner-City Arts is a multi-disciplinary arts campus located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, serving over 10,000 children, youth, teachers and families during the school day, after school and on weekends. We believe the arts are the cornerstone of a high-quality education that levels the learning field across socioeconomic boundaries. We are dedicated to cultivating the creative potential of our students through the disciplines of visual art, ceramics, dance, music, drama, animation, and design while serving public elementary, middle and high schools throughout Los Angeles.
At Inner-City Arts, the teaching artists strive to create meaningful balance between the roles of “artist” and “educator.” As artists they are in an ongoing process of discovery, problem solving, discipline and refinement of skills in their discipline. As working educators, they are creating learning experiences that are safe and fun while addressing the diversity of needs and learning modalities of our diverse student population.
Inner-City Arts is seeking a part-time Digital Media Arts Teaching Artist who is experienced, dynamic and resourceful, to develop and implement a 7-16 week curriculum for students ranging in grades 3-12. The Digital Media Arts curriculum can include a combination of computer-based media including computer graphics, motion graphics, digital animation, video editing and digital photography.
- Create a safe and engaging creative learning environment, by creating and implementing a unique and current digital media curriculum that is age and skill appropriate for grades 3-12.
- Teach part-time.
- Adjust the curriculum and projects to meet the diversity of students and the program (ages/grades/learning abilities, schedules, special events).
- Participate in staff training, planning and orientation meetings and events.
- BA, BFA or advanced degree in Digital Media, Filmmaking, Computer Graphics, Motion Graphics or related arts field or digital media art form.
- Experience and practice in the field.
- At least 2 years prior experience as a lead teaching artist/educator with grades 3-12; prior teaching experience in public schools.
- Experience in teaching and/or knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and/or Premiere).
- Ability to design and differentiate curricula to adjust for different age groups, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and learning abilities.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with English Learners or Special Needs population.
- Knowledge and/or experience in learner-centered education.
- Interest or experience in integrating academic content into the art form (i.e. math or language arts with design).
- Must be a team player, exhibit patience and sensitivity and enjoy working with youth.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Inner‑City Arts is located in downtown Los Angeles 720 Kohler Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021
Part-Time. Opportunities in special projects and weekend programs may also be available.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Email resume with cover letter to: Beth Tishler, Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO CALLS PLEASE.