Arts for LA
Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for managing Arts for LA’s outward facing programming, including but not limited to ACTIVATE, LA Convergence, ArtsWeek, and ArtsVote (see attached one-sheet about programs). This position develops and supervises the implementation of the professional development and training programs, including advocacy leadership training in arts education, cultural policy, and youth voices. The Program Director is also responsible for implementing convenings of and for the field, helping to maintain Arts for LA’s programmatic online presence, and management of Arts for LA’s Program Advisory Committee (PAC). The Program Director will be expected to support, partner, and develop various efforts as they arise in advocacy, cultural equity, and making certain arts are included in cross-sector solutions and partnerships. The position reports to the Executive Director and may supervise the work of support staff, consultants, contractors, vendors, and volunteers as required.
Arts for LA is a voice for the arts in Greater Los Angeles that informs, engages, and mobilizes individuals and organizations to advocate for access to the arts across all communities; arts education for every student; robust investment in the arts; and inclusion of diverse and underrepresented voices. Arts for LA invests in leadership development, growing networks of civically engaged advocates; building deep relationships with elected officials; and working in partnership across sectors to make LA a vibrant, prosperous, creative, and healthy society. Further information on Arts for LA can be found at www.artsforla.org
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Design, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Works closely with Executive Director, senior staff, and program consultants to design, implement, and evaluate the following programs: ACTIVATE, Convergence, ArtsWeek, and ArtsVote, among others.
- Serves as a primary public contact for Arts for LA’s leadership training and professional development programs and further supports and participates in the full range of Arts for LA’s programs for greater LA region.
- Manages ongoing program data collection and maintenance, and generates regular program reports for staff, board, and funding partners.
- Attends and supports Arts for LA’s program events and other program-related activities that may be held off-site and/or during evenings or weekends, and may require overnight travel, as scheduled in advance.
Skills and Work Requirements:
- Experience in nonprofit program direction including general knowledge of financial and administrative functions, program design and reporting, and evaluation skills;
- Excellent verbal, written, financial tracking, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good team member who can collaborate and manage multiple, ongoing tasks while also working independently to generate required work under deadlines;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint);
- Experience working with community organizers, individual artists, arts administrators and/or the arts field;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and engagement in issues of cultural equity, diversity, and accessibility;
- Flexibility to work periodic weekends and/or evenings to attend Arts for LA-supported programs, meetings, and events using personal or public transportation within a 50-mile radius of Arts for LA headquarters.
Degree in arts (preferred), public policy, planning, or a related field from accredited institution.
Salary commensurate upon experience.
Please send resume with cover letter and writing sample to:
Charles Flowers, Deputy Director, email@example.com