Los Angeles, CA
HIRING: DRUMS & PERCUSSION INSTRUCTOR
About the Position:
ARTS ALIVE, the South Bay premier arts provider is looking for an exceptional drums and percussion instructor -- who is prepared to reach and teach the next generation of artists. We are looking for an experienced teacher to grow with the organization and expand on his or her teaching skills. Curriculum is provided for framework of weekly lessons. Lessons should be filled with high- energy activities and primary level materials for students between ages 5 and 14. Seeking an experienced drum and percussion instructor who will be required to teach groups of elementary students after school. The drum teacher must be versed in classroom instruction of group drumming, able to teach students of different skill levels within the same class, multitasking, prepared to continually perfect their craft, value frequent communication with parents outside of classes, and go the extra mile to make students the best they can be.
All of our teachers must be:
• Prepared to be fingerprinted, Virtus certified, and TB tested upon hire
• Prompt and flexible
• Highly motivated and a team player
• Willing to learn and grow with the organization
• Passionate towards educating young people
• Prepared to teach lessons to the California VAPA standards
• Prepared to show evidence of lesson plans
• Equipped with a vehicle or reliable transportation
• Ability to control class with management tactics
• Prepared to go the extra mile
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Located within 20 minutes of the South Bay/Westside area
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in education, arts
education/administration/management, or related field
• Experience with K-8 schools and California VAPA standards a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Highly organized, a self-starter and able to prioritize, track projects and meet deadlines
• Able to solve problems and recommend alternatives to promote program effectiveness
• Teacher will be scheduled for after-school classes between 2:30 and 6:00pm for up to 12 hours per week. Work and training outside normal business hours is rare but flexibility is expected.
How To Apply
Send your resume with two references and cover letter by email to
email@example.com. Visit kingsandclowns.com for more information on curriculum.
Are you a fit? The type of teachers who stay and grow with us are teaching artists who have some private students but need more hours of teaching, who want to have a network group to grow as a teacher, or who have professional work on weekends but need teaching hours during the week. All our teachers love to teach and pass on their skills using our organizational values.
Interview will be conducted throughout January. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate classroom teaching. The chosen teacher must be prepared to teach 3-4 afternoons and early evenings per week. Training and Staff Development begins upon hire.