Edward Cella Art & Architecture
Culver City, CA
Edward Cella Art & Architecture, a contemporary art gallery in Culver City, seeks an intern to start immediately for a period of 12 weeks. Applicants should be highly organized and detailed oriented, with excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies. He or she should be able to work well both individually and as part of a team.
The gallery’s goal is to provide interns with the skills and experience necessary for a career in the field. As such, applicants with an interest in pursing an art gallery-related career are preferred.
Interns will work directly with the gallery Registrar and owner. The internship requires a minimum commitment of eight hours per week for 12 weeks. Saturday availability is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain artist related documentation including up-to date bios and press, prepare binders for exhibitions and fairs
- Database maintenance including entry of contacts and artwork descriptions
- Process incoming photography
- Implementing social media strategies
- Current student or BA or BFA in Art History, Fine Art, or related field.
- Fluent in MS Office, Mac and PC operating systems
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience handling artworks including potentially sensitive historical materials
Established in 2005, Edward Cella Art & Architecture supports and represents significant established, mid-career and emerging artists, architects, and designers. The gallery exhibits photography, painting, sculpture,architectural drawings, models, and design objects with an emphasis on the intersection of these disciplines.
Please send a cover letter and resume including relevant coursework undertaken and applicable skills/interests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the email subject line "Internship Position".
No phone calls or walk-ins.