Los Angeles, CA
Rogue Artists Ensemble
Job Title: Education Manager
• Non-profit management experience
• Bachelor's degree in either non-profit management or education
• Reports Directly to: Managing Director
• Develop / facilitate programs, classes, or activities, that support the RAE Ed Dept. mission statement
• Seek new opportunities for community partnerships and collaborations
• Manage education workshop staff
• Maintain workshop materials
• Support the development of new educational theatre shows
• Seek touring opportunities for all RAE Education shows
• Manage education programming calendar, schedule and be the primary contact to schools and theaters booking programs
• Organize rehearsals including, booking rehearsal spaces, casting shows from trained RAE education performers, scheduling a Performance Manager and/or Stage Manager as needed for RAE education shows, creating schedules, manage loading and unloading of set, props, etc into and out of storage, facilitate rehearsals as needed and/or schedule director/lead puppeteer to facilitate rehearsals.
• Organize auditions for new performers as needed
• Manage all contracts with publishers, writers and performers
• Manage repairs of puppets, sets, props and costume for all education shows
- Planning long term goals while managing day to day operations
- Manage all education artist and venue contracts
- Attend monthly staff and ensemble meetings
- Communicate policy changes to education staff
- Help to maintain the RAE van for education needs
- Help with grant work as needed, including writing grants, attending grant informational events and meetings
- Work with the Managing Director to manage budgets for RAE education department
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop education marketing plan and materials.
A small monthly stipend is offered in addition to money made through leading workshops and managing programs; however, the real reward will be supporting the creation of truly astonishing theater.
Reasons why you should work with Rogue Artists Ensemble:
• Great opportunity for someone who wishes to connect with a group of like-minded and creative people who wants to work on unique projects.
• Rogue Artists Ensemble, a non-dues paying, not for profit arts-collective run by designers, technicians and storytellers is constantly seeking individuals to work with the company on a continuing basis.
• Rogue Artists Ensemble has a reputation for creating progressive vibrant work that gets seen!