Los Angeles, CA
P.S. ARTS is currently accepting applications for an Education & Media Intern through the Getty Foundation’s Multicultural Undergraduate Internship program. Applicants should have a strong interest in public education and using the arts as a medium for community building and engagement.
- Draft new P.S. ARTS To Go! lesson plans. These lessons are available for free download on our website and are also distributed at P.S. ARTS Family Art Nights during the regular school year.
- Create family-friendly visual arts lessons and PowerPoint presentations for P.S. ARTS Family Art Nights. P.S. ARTS hosts Family Art Nights at our partner schools free of charge for our students and their families. We believe that the best way for parents to gain an appreciation for the benefits of arts education is by participating in art-making alongside their children.
- Research and develop an up-to-date arts and technology resource guide, specifically focusing on integrating iPads into arts classrooms that will be used as a supplement to P.S. ARTS’ Toolkits.
- Add to our P.S. ARTS To Go! stop motion library by creating new stop motion videos to accompany existing lessons.
- Design and update various program materials including posters, curricula workshop templates, event signs, and other promotional materials.
- Build a “Best of P.S. ARTS” photos collection of images taken at school sites and P.S ARTS events. These photos will be used for grant applications and other P.S. ARTS marketing materials.
- Contribute to the P.S. ARTS Blog by writing a minimum of one article on an arts education topic of your choice.
- Develop content for P.S. ARTS’ social media platforms.
*Other duties may be assigned based on the needs of the department and the interests of the intern.
- Best practices in standards-based K-8 arts education and curriculum design.
- Arts advocacy tools — you’ll become well-versed in the ways that arts education contributes to improving student outcomes and school communities.
- How to develop and measure compelling digital marketing content.
- How to edit a persuasive video that tells a story and can be used for grant applications.
- General nonprofit operations
The interested applicant should be highly motivated, self-directed and demonstrate a strong interest in education programming, arts education and non-profit administration. Strong organizational skills are a must as well as great written and oral communication skills. Proficient knowledge of Mac operating systems is preferable, as well as familiarity with social media platforms. There is a design component to the internship — experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or other graphic design software is preferred, but not necessary.
The Getty MUI program is intended specifically for outstanding students who are members of groups currently underrepresented in careers related to museums and the visual arts. Candidates are sought from all areas of undergraduate study and are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the visual arts. Please refer to the Getty website for eligibility requirements.
The internship is a full-time (40 hours/week) position, with a stipend of $4,500 for a consecutive ten-week work period between June and August 2016. Position is located at our office in the Los Angeles/Culver City area.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “GETTY INTERN.” No hard copies or phone calls please.
P.S. ARTS is dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing arts education in underserved public schools and communities. Learn more at www.psarts.org