Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles County Arts Commission
EMPLOYER: Los Angeles County Arts Commission/Ford Theatres
POSITION: Administrative and Events Assistant, Ford Theatres (Full-time, contract)
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission has an immediate opening for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Administrative and Events Assistant who is passionate about organization, data and arts administration. The Administrative and Events Assistant will support the Arts Commission's Productions Division including the activities and operations of the John Anson Ford Theatres, the Los Angeles County Holiday Celebration, and the Free Concerts in Public Sites and Musicians Rosterprograms.
- Maintain the Ford's event management systems, ensuring event related information is collected from all operational areas and entered into a central repository
- Manage and oversee application procedures on the Arts Commission's online application system, including building and editing applications; preparing guidelines, evaluations, reports and other administrative documentation; providing technical support to applicants; and coordinating application workshops and review panels
- Maintain database of program and event information and generate standard program contracts, event reports, and program-related collateral
- Provide technical assistance and coordination for Arts Commission's technology resources, including email communication (Emma), surveys (SurveyMonkey), workshop registration (Eventbrite), webinars (WebEx) and other services
- Coordinate procurement of equipment, supplies and orders for program implementation
- Support day-to-day operational activities of the administrative office, including but not limited to, updating the Ford's Master Calendar of events, maintaining financial and budget-related data entry systems, representing the Ford Theatres and Public Events programs to the public via email, phone and direct personal communication, and other duties as assigned
PROJECT PERIOD: Ongoing
WORKING HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the work, some evening and weekend hours will be required to attend meetings, festivals, workshops and performances.
PROJECT LOCATION: Ford Theatres, 2580 Cahuenga Blvd East, Hollywood, CA 90068. Position may also be required to attend events at community sites located in Los Angeles County.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES AND ABILITIES:
- Be highly organized, attentive to detail, have a proactive communication style, work efficiently, and meet multiple and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to present both oral and written information in a poised, culturally sensitive and professional manner
- Ability to facilitate productive, outcome-focused meeting with staff and artists/producers participating in Arts Commissions programs
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion and all steps in between
- Ability to anticipate and effectively troubleshoot complex challenges
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and interact effectively with a wide variety of people
- Be self-possessed, practice discretion with sensitive information and demonstrate grace under pressure and in interactions with others
- Be dependable, responsive, prepared and flexible, and possess enthusiasm and passion for supporting the arts
- Technologically literate and savvy with strong command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and enthusiastic about learning new software and database systems. Knowledge of or experience with Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor are essential
Desirable qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- At least two years of program administration and project development experience in a staff capacity
- Familiarity and comfort working with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and styles of communication
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish is highly valued
COMPENSATION: $38,000 annually, plus additional stipend toward health and dental coverage.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest, resume, writing sample and a list of three references. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with Administrative and Events Assistant as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the US mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met.