Chinese American Museum (CAM)
Los Angeles, CA
The Events Coordinator and Marketing Manager is responsible for maintaining an integrated, multi-platform marketing program to develop and execute a new strategy to increase public recognition of exhibitions, programs and special initiatives at the Chinese American Museum (CAM). This position reports to the Executive Director.
Status: Full time, exempt position
Communication and Marketing
- Prepare and maintain all direct marketing pieces including, but not limited to design, layout, editing & writing of same for collateral such as website content, electronic and printed newsletters, donor-related letters, special Initiative letter, promotional videos, and social media content.
- Collaborate with the other staff members to create and execute strategic input and direction for the brand and develop style guides, templates, and other materials, while keeping the Chinese American Museum’s vision, mission, and objectives in mind
- Bring fresh, creative and innovative ideas to support and enhance existing programs, events, membership program, and CAM's annual signature fundraising event – Historymakers Gala
- Maintain and develop active calendar for marketing
- Responsible for publicity, including advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Liaise and coordinate with our partners such as designers, printing shops and mailing houses on a regular basis
- Work in concert with the Public Relations consultant to develop and distribute press releases
- Serves as a member of the exhibition planning team to develop and coordinate marketing timeline related to exhibitions.
- Assist the Executive Director and FCAM Board in other fundraising programs as necessary
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and follow-up for special programs
- Coordinate innovative programs related to the museum’s temporary exhibition program and permanent collection
- Work with community groups to provide experiences in partnership with other arts, cultural, educational, and civic organizations at the museum and off-site
- Work closely with team members including, but not limited to, the educator to develop, publicize and execute public programming, exhibitions, and special events
- Assist in the coordination of special events including Lantern Festival
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers as needed
- Provide tours and workshops to the public as needed
Education and qualifications
- BA/BS required
- Experience in marketing/communications including social media and web technology.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, and computer skills (MS Office, etc.), as well as strong writing, proofreading, editing, and oral communication skills
- Expected to be able to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment, including but not limited to, comparing and evaluating possible courses of action and making a decision after considering various possibilities.
- Proven ability to multitask, plan and meet deadlines under time constraints and work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to use open source and proprietary content management systems, experience with Wordpress preferred.
- Proficiency with social media platforms and additional analytic tools.
- Design experience (comfortable with the Adobe Creative Suite)
- Self-starter with a positive attitude. Comfort and ease working with ambiguity and ability to reprioritize
- Cultural sensitivity to the Chinese and Asian American community
- Reading and writing competencies in Chinese are a plus.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and auto insurance coverage
- Access to an automobile
Please email or mail resume with cover letter, 2 writing samples and one design sample (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org