Los Angeles, CA
The Autry is dedicated to exploring and sharing the stories, experiences, and perceptions of the diverse peoples of the American West. Through the work of its dynamic staff, the Autry promotes education, research, exhibitions, and public programs. Located in scenic Griffith Park, the Autry provides a collaborative work environment for its employees and attracts highly qualified and motivated professionals.
The Autry seeks an Exhibition Coordinator to facilitate, track, and support exhibition needs by developing and tracking schedules and budgets, providing research/project assistance, and supporting the curatorial and exhibition design staff as needed. The Exhibition Coordinator facilitates collaboration, communication, and cooperation between curatorial, collections, exhibit design, fabrication, finance, and education staff to ensure that exhibitions open on budget and time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Design, Humanities, History, Art History, Anthropology, or Museum Studies, with two-three years of additional work experience in a museum, cultural institution, or non-profit setting.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in budget and project management.
- Must be detail oriented and have exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to facilitate a busy workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously is a necessity.
To learn more about The Autry and to apply, please visit the Employment Page of our website at: