Los Angeles, CA
Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre
HEIDI DUCKLER DANCE THEATRE seeks a full-time EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR
Company: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre Position: Experience Director
Position Description: Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director, Strategic Director, and Media Director, the Experience Director will be responsible for managing the company’s development, institutional and individual partnerships, and overseeing its projects (including performances, events and Educational programs). Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking someone who has strong creative, interpersonal and writing skills, an eye for detail, a desire for a career in arts administration, and a passion for the performing arts.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting the Grantwriting for the company, actively researching new grant opportunities, and maintaining relationships with funders.
- Managing the company’s major donor relationships and strategies for advancement of individual donations.
- Managing Outreach and maintaining the company’s community partnerships.
- Actively seeking out new partnership opportunities for the company (including earned revenue opportunities, festivals, tours, commissions, etc.)
- Overseeing Education and Engagement programs and performances in collaboration with the Media Director, Education Associate and Production Manager.
- Managing project budgets and overseeing the tracking of project expenses and revenues.
- Maintaining volunteer relationships and overseeing the management of volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience; background in the arts preferred.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
Salary/Hours: The Experience Director will work full-time, 40 hours per week. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Experience Director” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For immediate hire.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org.
Company Description: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods. We invite our audience and artists to engage with one another and connect with their community in ways they have never experienced before. Founded in 1985, Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in Los Angeles, California.