Redondo Beach, CA
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive is hiring for a part-time Finance Assistant to support our programs for in-school and after-school arts curriculum. Experience in nonprofit or arts administration a plus!
Financial Assistant (Must speak Spanish)
$17-19 an hour for 15 hours maximum available per week
Independent Contractor – Financial Assistant will be hired as an Independent Contractor (1099) and will responsible for choosing days and paying taxes.
The Financial Assistant will be responsible for various financial tasks including all monies, processing banking, processing of financial data collections, budget updates and financial statements.
As Independent Contractor, Financial Assistant may select work days and times before signing contract, but once session begins and students are enrolled, attendance and punctuality is binding.
About the Organization
Kings and Clowns (Arts Alive) provides a creative platform for educational training to young people in music and performing arts. Every effort is made to ensure every child has access to arts education in our after-school programs in the South Bay and Los Angeles. We are a small, efficiently run nonprofit arts education organization.
- Process data for student enrollments into cash ledger
- When needed, record enrollments onto rosters
- Prepare checks for bank deposit on a set day once a week
- Copy and file all checks and process banking
- Transfer monies weekly from PayPal into the bank account
- Prepares collection reports for Finance Meetings with Business Development Director
- Monthly billing for tuition and inventory and account management
- Process data for monthly and bimonthly payroll through pay statements within 2 working days
- Keep daily cash ledger updated with weekly expenses and revenue
- Download and log PayPal transactions from parents who have paid and update
- Reimburse all travel expenses or approved supply expenses to staff on a weekly basis
- Pay monthly utilities and rental bills by due date
- Assess running total of petty cash on a weekly basis
- Reconcile monthly bank statement against Cash Ledger with all methods payment including Square (Credit Card/Cash), PayPal, and Checks
- Contribute to team effort by reporting any challenges or “upsets” then create solutions
- Alert administrators of any budget excesses as they happen
- Review and understand monthly budget as set by Executive Director and Business Development Director
- Prepare and distribute finance meeting agenda with current totals in revenue and expense areas and any details on various expense categories as directed
- Prepare accurate quarterly and yearly statements for Board meetings with Executive Director
- Update master contact list at the end of every session
General duties not covered in above:
- Make weekly collections calls to parents who are outstanding
- Take occasional messages and handle account services over the phone in Spanish and English
- Travel to schools to collect or drop off enrollments
- Provide receipts for donors
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject preferred
- Minimum two years of office experience, ideally in non-profit or financial environments
- The right candidate will be offered professional development after probation period of 3 months has passed
- Ability to handle a high volume of data entry with 10-key accuracy
- Working knowledge of accounts payable, receivable, payroll and general ledger
- Bilingual (or more languages) - English & Spanish
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may apply by sending an email including cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. A call will follow to schedule an interview. Promising candidates will be asked to model teach in a class as arranged by Arts Alive. Please note: Interview times may be offered within 2 days of applying.