Gemini G.E.L., Los Angeles-based fine art publisher, seeking person whose responsibilities include inspection of prints and sculptures for consistency and acceptable quality; organizing and direction of signing by the artist, and drafting certificates of authenticity for each edition produced; and management, research and sourcing of fine art paper. Job requires accuracy, strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft Office software applications. Experience in printmaking preferred.
- Inspect prints and sculpture editions for production errors, paper or material flaws, and establish criteria for acceptable variation and consistency throughout the edition. Finalize readiness of the edition for signing through minor paper conservation and other techniques.
- Organize and direct signing of the artworks
- Manage fine art paper inventory; collaborate with artists and printers to identify desired paper for each project; source custom papers by working with paper merchants and mills; determine long-term storage and conservation needs
- Draft certificates of authenticity through consultation with printers, registrars and workshop senior management.
- Use software to manage inventory of print and sculpture archive and inventory, as well as tracking/reporting the status of projects
- Assist with storage and transportation of prints and sculpture; work with paper conservator and framers
- Three years experience in a professional fine art/studio environment or similar
- Strong focus and attention to detail, and accuracy
- Understanding of quality control processes
- Fine art paper knowledge, with experience in thoughtful and safe handling of artworks of various sizes, weights and properties
- Ability to work independently and with a team on multiple, simultaneous projects with given deadlines
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Printmaking experience
- Conservation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop; Filemaker; ArtSystems or ArtBase
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Suzanne Felsen, email: Suzanne@geminigel.com