Development and Marketing Intern
Invertigo Dance Theatre is looking for the next great intern to help with an exciting Fall season. Invertigo is a non-profit contemporary dance company with an office in Culver City. Performances and classes happen across the LA area and this Fall Invertigo will go on a Southern California tour. Invertigo strives to create dance programming that “anybody with a body” can enjoy, including performances, Dancing Through Parkinson’s, and workshops and classes for youth through the Invert/ED program.
The Development and Marketing Intern will be an important member of our small staff and will help make our performances and year-end fund raising campaign successful.
We request a commitment of 10-20 hours per week from September through December, with the possibility of extension into 2016. Work will be based in Invertigo’s Culver City office, with the possibility some occasional travel to run errands, or to performances or class sites. Work hours will mostly be Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm. A stipend will be paid, with the amount dependent on qualifications and number of hours worked. We’ll happily work with a school or college to arrange academic credit for the internship.
Desired characteristics and qualifications:
- Invertigo’s culture is very collaborative and hard-working, so the ideal intern will be a great team member and can also take on a project or task and work independently.
- Interest or background in dance, performing arts, and/or education
- Excellent writing skills, especially professional writing for marketing materials, social media, e-newsletters, or grant proposals
- Experience marketing an organization or event through social media
- Proficiency with with Google Docs and MS Office
- Proficiency running an Etsy store or Squarespace websites are pluses
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Curiosity, an inquisitive mind, and a quick learner
- A great sense of humor is a must!
Interested applicants, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Development and Marketing Intern” as the email subject. Highly-qualified candidates may be asked for writing or work samples and references.