The Los Angeles Music and Art School (LAMusArt) is a nonprofit organization that provides quality arts education to youth and adults in East Los Angeles and the surrounding communities. LAMusArt serves approximately 600 students each month, providing instruction in art, music, dance and drama.
LAMusArt is seeking a qualified, motivated individual to assume the position of Development Director. This is a one-person development shop; we need someone with great ideas, energy and flexibility.
The position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an expanded resource development program that will identify and cultivate donors from corporations, foundations, and individuals, develop a fundraising infrastructure, and create a lasting base of support for the organization.
The primary responsibilities of the Development Director will be as follows:
• Strategize, develop, and implement an ongoing program for institutional support
• Manage a portfolio of over 40 institutional giving donors
• Develop a fundraising strategic plan for LAMusArt
• Research and identify potential funding sources
• Establish and cultivate relationships with targeted foundations, corporations, and individuals
• Prepare funding proposals
• Coordinate fundraising events
• Coordinate grant reporting activities
• Maintain public relations activities
The successful applicant will possess a minimum of five years of fundraising experience, including donor identification and research, database management, proposal writing, and event coordination. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential (bilingual English and Spanish ideal), along with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Knowledge and enthusiasm for education and arts programs is highly desirable.
This is a full-time position with flexible work hours. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. For consideration, please send a letter of interest and resume to Executive Director Isela Sotelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.