KPCC.org, the award-winning website for the Southern California Public Radio, is offering an opportunity for Interns to get hands-on multimedia experience working in a newsroom.
Video interns are photographers & videographers.
Internships last a minimum of 3 months & up to 9 months, & 20 hrs/week. Internship applications are accepted year-round.
Spring: January - June
Summer: June - August
Winter: September - January
Interns work typically 2-3 days a week including nights/weekends.
These are volunteer/unpaid internships, but you can get college credit. Because you'll be reporting stories around Los Angeles, you'll need transportation.
- Not only know how to shoot excellent pictures using both digital still cameras & video cameras
- Know how to edit using Final Cut.
- Undergraduate student studying journalism or related field.
- Experience in a journalism environment
- Strong writing, editing, research & communication skills
- Knowledge of digital editing technologies.
- Working knowledge of current affairs
- Ability to manage several different projects at once
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines as assigned.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, & wire services
- Upbeat, constructive, 'can-do' attitude.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with the values/sound of public radio.
- Some experience working in a broadcast or newsroom environment.
- Willing to think 'outside the box' of conventional journalistic style.